Aperol Spritz Slushie
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Looking for a fun and refreshing summer cocktail? This Aperol Spritz Slushie is your GIRL! It’s easy to throw together and such a fun twist on a classic cocktail.
I’ve had this frozen version of an Aperol Spritz in mind for a WHILE and am happy to finally be sharing it with you!
To give it a thicker and creamier texture, I first freeze some of the champagne in an ice cube tray. Due to the higher alcohol content, the cubes don’t stay frozen for a super long time. They start to melt and break apart almost immediately upon taking them out of the freezer. HOWEVER, they still work well to give the drink a thicker texture which I love.
Instead, you could also try freezing some of the aperol or even freeze a bit of orange juice to use in the drink. An aperol spritz is not traditionally served with orange juice in it (just orange slices on the side) but I still think that this would be delicious!
Ingredients we’re working with for this cocktail:
- Prosecco– this is what is traditionally used in an aperol spritz BUT in a pinch, any white wine or sparkling wine will work well in this particular cocktail.
- Aperol– this can be purchased at any liquor store. It’s one of those things that I like to always have handy in our bar cart.
- Ice– I found that I needed just a bit more to get this thick enough. I start out with about 2 cups of ice and add more as needed.
- Orange slices– for garnish!
That’s it for today! As usual, if you end up making this recipe, PLEASE snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what you’re making from my blog.
More delicious cocktails to try:
- Classic Mojito
- Boozy Frozen Lemonade
- Ginger Beer Mojito
- Gin and Tonic
- Bellini 3 ways
- Whiskey Smash
- Mango Wine Slushie
- Classic Aperol Spritz
- White Russian
- Vodka Lemonade
- Grapefruit Margaritas
See how to make the Frozen Aperol Spritz here:Print
- 1 750ml bottle of prosecco or champagne
- ⅔ cup of Aperol
- 2 cups of ice
- Orange slices for garnish
- optional: 1 cup of orange juice
- Using one ice cube tray, freeze as much of the champagne as will fit in that one tray. This is optional and if you forget to do it, you can add all of the champagne directly to the blender and just add a bit more ice to get the drink thicker.
- In a blender, add in the champagne ice cubes, remaining bottle of champagne, Aperol, ice, and optional orange juice. Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately with orange slices and enjoy!*
This cocktail melts fairly quickly so drink up :D
- Category: cocktail
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: aperol cocktail, frozen aperol spritz, aperol spritz recipe