PB&J Crumble Bars
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These PB&J Crumble Bars are so simple to make and delicious as breakfast or a snack! We always find that they don’t last very long in our house :)
As we’re heading into the weekend, I figured that you needed a new baking recipes to try out and these P&J Crumble Bars Do. Not. Disappoint! Let me tell you!
They’re super easy to make and OMG the peanut butter + jelly combo is just a match made in heaven, right?
Can you believe that I used to despise peanut butter??? Luckily for me, I realized the error in my ways and now it’s one of my all time favorite flavor combos. You just can’t go wrong.
But wait, serious question: strawberry jelly or grape?
I’m a HUGE strawberry jelly fan and that’s what I used in my bars. However, you can definitely use whatever you favorite jelly is (or whatever you have hiding in the back of your fridge!). You could even use nutella or date paste in place of jelly if you really wanted.
As I’ve mentioned, these bars are ridiculously easy to make. Simple mix together all of the crumble ingredients and then press about 2/3 of them in your pan and bake. Then top with the jelly and sprinkle on the remaining crumble mixture. Bake for an additional 30 minutes.
That’s it! Super easy and a really fun one to do with kids.
As usual, PLEASE let me know if you make this vegan split pea soup and how you like it! You can come back here and leave a comment or tag me on instagram (@foodwithfeeling).
More vegan desserts to try:
See how to make the PB&J bars here:Print
These pb&j crumble bars is simple to make and something the whole family will love!
- ⅔ cup of rolled oats
- 1 ¼ cups of all purpose flour*
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ cup of brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup of vegan butter, softened* (coconut oil also works well here but I prefer the butter)
- ⅓ cup of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 9 ounces of your favorite jelly
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8×8 pan (9×9 would work as well but may require a little less bake time).
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, flour, salt, baking powder, and brown sugar.
- Add in the softened butter, peanut butter, and vanilla and mix until fully combined. The mixture will seem a little dry but should hold together when pressed between your fingers. Having a few larger chunks left in the mixture is perfectly fine.
- Pour ⅔ of the mixture into the pan (this ends up being about 2 ½ cups of the unpacked dough mixture) and press it firmly into the bottom of the pan. Set aside the rest of the mixture to be used as the topping. Bake the bottom crust for 15 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, carefully spread the jelly across the crust. Sprinkle on the remaining crumble mixture and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and then chill in the fridge until completely cooled. You can eat them now or let them sit for a total of 2 hours (or even overnight if you want). Slice and ENJOY!
the only gluten free recommendation I have at this time is a gluten free 1-1 flour
*You want the butter to be softened so that you can easily mush it into the flour mixture BUT you do not want it to be fully melted.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: amerian
Keywords: vegan crumble bars, crumble bars, vegan dessert
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”yoctSq8f” upload-date=”2021-01-29T04:40:27.000Z” name=”PB&J Crumble Bars” description=”PB&J Crumble Bars” player-type=”default” override-embed=”default”]